Tajoi Dawkins B.S.
Ms. Tajoi Dawkins is a Behavior Specialist for our Behavioral Education and Therapy Program in Southwest Florida. This innovative program utilizes behavioral training and support in order to prevent children from entering the foster care system. Tajoi works diligently to provide high level, quality individualized behavioral support. She provides in-home behavior analytic services, which include, functional assessment of problem behaviors, behavior intervention plans, as well as training evidence-based parenting recommendations.
Tajoi is currently pursuing her Master’s degree in Exceptional Student Education with a concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis from the University of West Florida. She is a graduate of the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s in Health Science. She has extensive experience in the mental health field, specifically working with developmental disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, the Deaf community, and victims of abuse or neglect. In addition, she is familiar with the utilization of American Sign Language as an intervention tool in training verbal acquisition skills; typically with non-verbal individuals on the Autism spectrum. She is a member of the Florida Association for Behavior Analysis and Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI).
- Behavior Analysis in Child Welfare
- Prevention Services
- Parent and Staff Training
- Analysis and treatment of problem behavior
- Application of Applied Behavior Analysis with typically developing individuals
- Completing Master’s degree and sitting for board certification exam
- Currently pursuing M.S. in Exceptional Student Education with an Applied Behavior Analysis concentration from the University of West Florida
- B.S. in Health Science: Rehabilitative Services from the University of Florida
- Spending quality time with family and friends
- New cultural experiences
- Staying connected with my church and community